Brief description of what we call 'corporate finance'
The term 'corporate finance' conjures up all sorts of images - city slickers in sharp suits, tough negotiators with scores of assistants scurrying around law firms, and expensive bills!
But to put it simply, this is what we call 'corporate finance'
- Fundraising & raising finance for your business, whether that's:
- for general working capital requirements - eg overdraft, invoice discounting
- to buy a new asset, property or another business eg term loan, HP/lease
- for expansion to develop another product or enter another market
- because you're sick of your existing bank or lender!
- Acquisition of another business, including some or all of assisting:
- to find and/or approach the target business
- to investigate the financial & commercial elements of the business
- to make introductions to other trusted professional advisors you may require
- to advise on valuation & to negotiate with the vendor
- to raise the finance you need to fund the deal, and run the business afterwards
- to integrate the business with your existing business
- Exit planning and selling your business
- have you really planned for your exit?
- who are you going to sell to & will it be for the most price?
- how are you going to protect your business & confidentiality during the sale
Needless to say, the member firms of The Corporate Finance Network are experts in all of these areas, and will charge you a reasonable fee for the size of the deal. Our firms specialise in corporate finance for SMEs and Owner Managed Business. So if that's you, come and talk to us to see what you can learn.